"All words are symbols that represent unspeakable realities. Which is also why words are magical." (Donald Miller tweet)

Thursday, October 13, 2011

anatomical correspondence

I freely confess this is not my idea.

It originated here.

But it's a great idea. So I thought I'd give it a try.

The idea is ... "Write a letter from one part of your body to another".

Oh my.

Here's my first effort.

"Dear Stomach - Please switch to INNER monologue. We're in a meeting. Sincerely, Ear"


Or how about this?

"Hair. You're too long. We've lost depth perception. Blindly, Right Eye"


Hmmm. This is fun.

"Note to All Departments - Nothing shall be accomplished until adequate coffee has been consumed. Firmly, Brain & Stomach"


On a late study night ...

"EYES!!! DO NOT CLOSE!!! This chapter must be read before sleep! I REPEAT - DO NOT CLOSEZZZzzzzz .... grnfosle ... nighty night ... love, Brain"


Try it. You will smile. And if you try it in the comments section - I will smile too.

13 comments:

Soulman said...

Wow...Nice format Patti....your blog page looks great...just passing thru...


Italo
PS See you on face book....

Patti said...

Italo! :) Long time no see!!!

You gonna write a little letter?

How about ...

"Hey Ear - is my bass in tune? Let me know - Fingers."

GeoZim said...

Hey eyes! Look where your going, I'm tired of being stubbed, Toes

Heather F. said...

Dear Legs: When you get insanely restless at night, try to stay clear of hard furniture. Painfully, Big Toe.

Heather F. said...

Dear Thelma (left breast): You're ever so slightly larger than I, & always in my way, could you stop crowding me... & while we're at it - as age creeps on, your pulling me down with you!! STOP IT! Seriously. Thanks. Louise (right breast).

Yes - they have names... & they have different personalities it seems. *grin*

Soulman said...

Hi Patti
I'm still playing the Bass...but I have switched to guitar with my band....easier to sing and play...plus...I like to do a little guitar shredding.....

hope to see the ole CCC church troops one of these days.....on a get together....with both you and Jeff..

Maybe one day we will also hook up and play a church service like the old days.....I think I know every worship song around...I think....

God Bless
Italo

Kelly said...

"HEY! EYES! OPEN UP ALREADY! We got to get to work!"

Thanks,
Entire Body

Kelly said...

"MMMmmmm ... java ... Mmmmm caffeine ... Mmmmmm fresh ground .... fresh brewed aroma .... Mmmmm lovely liquid gold ...."

ENTIRE PHYSICAL, MENTAL & EMOTIONIAL SYSTEM

Patti said...

Brain - please, for the love of all things good, REMEMBER TO BUY LAUNDRY DETERGENT today. We are going to be in trouble soon. Sincerely, Everything from the Neck Down.

Patti said...

(this is fun, isn't it? told ya!)

Anonymous said...

How 'bout that message sent during church the morning after Saturday night's baked beans. It goes from the head to some other part. Some parts get the memo, they just don't cooperate....

Jill said...

Patti, I must apologise for leaving anonymous messages in your comment area but this topic has really struck a chord for me. Picture this; your brain is an office, Common sense is asleep at his desk, drooling on all the memos for him to do his job. Damage control is in her cubicle working herself into a lather screaming into her phone, "Get that foot out of the mouth!" The nose chimes in, "That's what that is, I thought I smelled parmasan."
Fabulous idea, Patti, love it!
Jill

Patti said...

Jill :D You ALWAYS make me laugh!!!! Carry on ... write as many "letters" as you want! LOL