"All words are symbols that represent unspeakable realities. Which is also why words are magical." (Donald Miller tweet)

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

normal weather


Nothing deep today. Just one of my silly question moments.


Yesterday, I was listening to the radio (I was on the road for 4 hours, so talk radio helps sometimes). The host had a weather guy on the line, and he was one of those weather guys who doesn't really care WHAT the weather is - he just greatly enjoys discovering and tracking weather in general, whatever that weather is.


I like people like that!


Anyway, he was all amazed because our weather right now is "normal". He said - "There are always three options - we're either warmer than normal, cooler than normal, or normal. And right now," .... here it comes .... under my What A Weird Thing To Say category...


"Right now," he said, "we're experiencing "normal" weather, which is very rare!"


And he kept on going.


Leaving me with my question.


If "normal" weather is very rare - WHY IS IT CONSIDERED "NORMAL"??!!


LOL.
I await your wise answers.