"All words are symbols that represent unspeakable realities. Which is also why words are magical." (Donald Miller tweet)

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Chile & Ukraine

Yesterday, I was able to watch a number of the Chilean miners be lifted to the surface. Incredible. Truly amazing.

Although I did giggle just a tiny little bit at the thought of the 6 rescue workers waiting down there after the last miner was lifted out, and everyone on the surface paused to celebrate, make speeches and sing the longest national anthem in the world. "Hello? You guys are sending the capsule back down, right? Guys?"

In less than a week, I'm off to Ukraine. I am soooo not ready. But I will be. Because time passes, and I have a plane to get on, whether I'm ready or not. Should be a great trip, and if I pause to think about it - I'm really looking forward to being there again.