"All words are symbols that represent unspeakable realities. Which is also why words are magical." (Donald Miller tweet)

Thursday, July 26, 2012

One. Great. City.

I love where we live.

Have I mentioned that?

Probably.

But listen, here's the thing.

When Spike and I go for a walk towards the waterfront and bunnies pause for photo opps ...


When I see Twitter pics of the new restaurant opening down here (because I follow these guys, and they were there before anyone else) ...


When we exchange bites of raspberry-cheesecake and orange-pineapple ice cream cones from Scoops while gazing at sailboats ...


When total strangers walk by our house and stop to chat because the plumbing adventure unexpectedly led to a new-and-improved front yard ...


And when every time I walk through that gate, I know I'm home ...


... I can't help it.

I love where I live.

This is one great city.