"All words are symbols that represent unspeakable realities. Which is also why words are magical." (Donald Miller tweet)

Thursday, May 22, 2008

systems that don't work

Fractured wrist.

Food poisoning.

Flu-ish feeling.

These are part of my and Spike's world the last two weeks. Which is fine.

But what is annoying me today is social systems that sooooo do not work. Despite everyone's best intentions (see me giving the benefit of the doubt there?), people fall through the cracks. Which some days seem like the size of the Grand Canyon. And I am powerless to do anything about it.

I think, the bigger the system is, the less likely it is to work. That's my philosophy for today, with nothing to back it up except my own gut feeling. And therefore the government systems are regularly scammed by those inclined to do so; and then those same systems punish and refuse to help those that are really trying.

Statements of mass generalities from a frustrated pastor on a Thursday.