"All words are symbols that represent unspeakable realities. Which is also why words are magical." (Donald Miller tweet)

Wednesday, July 09, 2008

mint tea and popcorn

Saturday, I made myself some tea from my chocolate mint plant. It was pretty good, although just tasted like regular mint tea. I don't taste any chocolate at all. Maybe if I break up some dark chocolate and stir it in ... But why do that? Just eat the chocolate and forget the tea altogether, I say!

Actually I've been using my herbs a few times this week. They are sooooo good. It's pretty amazing how much flavour is in them when they were growing just a few minutes before you eat them. Sauteed chicken in fresh rosemary - mmmm. Boiled potatoes tossed with fresh basil, parsley, and chives - mmmm.

Monday, we went to see Wall-E. It was pretty cute and fun, although not amazingly clever or anything. My favourite moment was a silent one in the movie. During this silent moment, the little tot in front of us crawled up on his Dad's lap, and announced with great urgency -

"Dere's .... dere's .... dere's some POPCORN IN MY TEETH!!!"

LOL!