"All words are symbols that represent unspeakable realities. Which is also why words are magical." (Donald Miller tweet)

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Father's Day

On Father's Day we had a family BBQ at our place. It was a ruse, a devious plan of mine to feed people, and then force them to help me finish planting things.

It worked too!

The girls went for a walk by the lake, and when we returned, we discovered that Dad and Nephew-the-Younger had dug out all the weeds in the vegetable garden, and it was ready to go!

So NieceJ and NtY and I went to work. We planted tomatoes, peppers and onions.


NtY also did some lopping of weird bamboo-like things, which I have mentioned before. He enjoyed lopping almost as much as I do.

Then we planted herbs, which include a chocolate-mint. Why? Because they were 4 for $10, and I only had 11 herbs in my cart, and they told me to get one more. So I got a chocolate-mint plant. No idea what one does with that.



And now...the planting is finished!!! Flowers, herbs, veggies, groundcovers - they are all in the ground, where they belong!!!! IRDUN!!!

On to the weeding.