"All words are symbols that represent unspeakable realities. Which is also why words are magical." (Donald Miller tweet)

Monday, December 22, 2008

bacon

Remember this?

This year's blogging seems to have had more than its share of ranting, what with all the insanity in the world and all. But Michael McCain, and Maple Leaf Foods, have gained my unending admiration. The way they walked through their crisis, taking full responsibility, offering heartfelt apologies, and FIXING the problem - well, it's pretty much unheard of, and I for one, have decided to shout it from the rooftops one more time in 2008.

THIS IS THE KIND OF BEHAVIOUR THAT GAINS THE RESPECT AND LOYALTY OF CUSTOMERS!!!!

(and of voters - I think that's a reasonable extension of logic, don't you?)

This week, I noticed that MLF were back on the shelf, and deliberately bought their brand of bacon. And, this week (after buying the bacon), I opened my mailbox to find a letter of thanks from Michael McCain and Company, for my letter of support a few months ago. AND a coupon for $3 off anything my little heart desires.

Which is probably going to be ... more bacon! :)