"All words are symbols that represent unspeakable realities. Which is also why words are magical." (Donald Miller tweet)

Tuesday, December 02, 2008

deep breaths

OK.

I spent most of yesterday, and a good part of the day before, as a furiously raging lunatic.

I'm breathing deeply now. Spike is begging me not to watch the news today.

I just want to clarify - I am not against coalitions in general. I think they sound like a really good alternative system of government. But not this way. Not when it means that our PM is someone we didn't even elect; someone who has already announced that they are leaving the party in the next couple of months; and certainly not when it becomes a formal alliance with a separatist party. (I know they say it isn't, but he was at the table in the press conference, and his support is necessary, so that's just semantics, in my opinion.) And for further clarification - I'm angry with them all, Harper too, for pushing their own agendas, and each others' buttons. I feel entirely abandoned and ignored by my government.

And yes, I've written them all, and the Governor-General twice.

However. It's probably going to be impossible to follow my own rule of "playing nice" on this blog if I continue my tirades all week. And I don't want to sink to that level!!!

You and I are better than that, right? Yes. Yes we are. We are not furiously raging lunatics. We are sensible adults, fully capable of getting along with others.

So for today - deep breaths.

Breathe in ... hold it ... breathe out. Let it all go.

In ... and wait .... and out.

It's not working yet. But it will.