"All words are symbols that represent unspeakable realities. Which is also why words are magical." (Donald Miller tweet)

Friday, January 08, 2010

unhinged

I am a little concerned.

If you are an Amazon shopper, you know that they "Big Brother" you to the nth degree. (Not the TV series, the Big-Brother-is-watching-you movie, 1984.) In some ways it's eerily disturbing. They know each and every book I have glanced at, and they feed that information into a giant computer that takes up a whole building, and then generates a printout of my deepest, darkest secrets. But then I find myself saying, "Oh, I really WOULD like to read this book that others who read that other book are reading...."

*sigh*

I hate being correctly predicted.

But today, presumably following the same logic, Amazon has sent another recommendation to me. It has suggested a number of books that will help me "renovate my life in 2010". I'm not sure what to do with this. I wasn't aware that I needed renovating. Perhaps a few touch-ups here and there. It's possible that I have one or two new scratches and dents from the year that was 2009. (oh please, as if you don't as well) I need a complete renovation??? Really???

What are they seeing that I don't see????

On second thought, don't tell me.

I like me.

Even when I feel like this.

(courtesy of Rick, at organized doodles)

5 comments:

Rick said...

I knew you were crazy. All pastors suffer with some form of insanity. Thanks for using the doodle.

P.S. You on Facebook?

vjc said...

What do they know? You're in the "practically perfect people" to me, Patti. Yep, you and Mary Poppins.

Looks like maybe your running style could use a little improvement though ... :)

Sheepdog said...

Patti in the same sentence as Mary Poppins?

...oh... that's making my head hurt.

Patti said...

supercalifragilisticexpialadocious

Anonymous said...

I didn't know pastors had hinges. No doubt they creak once in a while too.