"All words are symbols that represent unspeakable realities. Which is also why words are magical." (Donald Miller tweet)

Saturday, February 26, 2011

freezer fodder

Spent a while this morning making herbed-tomato-and-bean soup to put in the freezer. And cleaning out my freezer.

That wasn't the plan. But I looked in my cupboard and saw way too many jars of tomatoes that have yet to be used, so I decided to make the soup. And the other day when I opened the freezer, I paused just long enough to be a little appalled at the chaos within.

So it's clean and mostly bare now. What used to be "Perfectly Good Food" had become "The Food Formerly Known As Perfectly Good".

Otherwise known as, "Lima Beans?  Really?" Or, "Frost-First Fruit". Or, "312 Bags Each With A Single Piece of Bread". Or "Parsley From My Garden That Would Have Had It's First Birthday This Coming Tuesday."

You get the idea.

What's in your freezer? Care to confess?