"All words are symbols that represent unspeakable realities. Which is also why words are magical." (Donald Miller tweet)

Friday, July 06, 2012

best left unsaid

I wrote a phenomenal little rant to be published this morning. It was all about banking and mortgage renewals.

Because there was an earth-shattering kaboom this week in my house when I opened the mail.




 And I was very angry. Very angry indeed.




But it's all fine now. And the tiny voice in my head says I should leave that little rant unpublished. So you're going to have to imagine it.

However, the moral of the story was:
Keep your original documents.
Use a broker.
And never, EVER open your mail.

---

In other news ... I've been watering my new front garden day and night. Turns out mulch makes all the difference in the world. The new plants were dying quickly in this heat. The water appeared to be just landing briefly and running away from them. Mulch makes it stay. Within a few hours, most of them had perked right up. Except one. There's one that is still in critical condition. I'm not sure it's going to make it. Maybe I can find tiny little plant paddles - "clear!"

My north end neighbours are the best. Not just the ones living near me - even the ones walking by - they stop to say how nice it all looks. How much nicer it will be when the desert-like part has new sod.

It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Rage subsiding.

Hooray for gardens and neighbours.