"All words are symbols that represent unspeakable realities. Which is also why words are magical." (Donald Miller tweet)

Friday, October 10, 2014

jammie thoughts

Yesterday, a morning meeting got canceled. Most weeks I am slightly overbooked with meetings and appointments, knowing that most weeks one or two of them will be canceled.

So I worked from home for half a day. In my jammies, no less. All by myself. Felt remarkably luxurious, and for once, I'm kinda caught up. (That won't last, but I celebrate it when it happens.)

Every now and then, "all by myself" is a good thing for me.
Recharges me.
Energizes me.
I get creative again.

And sipping fair-trade dark roast coffee, in a warm bed, laptop balanced on a pillow, working on things that matter - well, it just reminds me of how very, very blessed I am. Even my moments of impatience or sadness these days are because of ultimately good things - missing people I love, waiting for things that have not yet happened - but they will. 

Happy Outrage-Free Friday to you.

And Happy Thanksgiving.