"All words are symbols that represent unspeakable realities. Which is also why words are magical." (Donald Miller tweet)

Friday, October 10, 2014

jammie thoughts

Yesterday, a morning meeting got canceled. Most weeks I am slightly overbooked with meetings and appointments, knowing that most weeks one or two of them will be canceled.

So I worked from home for half a day. In my jammies, no less. All by myself. Felt remarkably luxurious, and for once, I'm kinda caught up. (That won't last, but I celebrate it when it happens.)

Every now and then, "all by myself" is a good thing for me.
Recharges me.
Energizes me.
I get creative again.

And sipping fair-trade dark roast coffee, in a warm bed, laptop balanced on a pillow, working on things that matter - well, it just reminds me of how very, very blessed I am. Even my moments of impatience or sadness these days are because of ultimately good things - missing people I love, waiting for things that have not yet happened - but they will. 

Happy Outrage-Free Friday to you.

And Happy Thanksgiving. 

1 comment:

BanjoSue said...

we are so blessed with friends, family and sunshine [today]. Thankful for Crossfire and relationships. Thanks PPatti for putting into words what we so often think, feel, desire. You and Jeff are among those whom we are thankful for. Happy Thanksgiving 2014!