"All words are symbols that represent unspeakable realities. Which is also why words are magical." (Donald Miller tweet)

Friday, February 13, 2015

bits of food on a friday

Alarm went off at 4:30 AM today.

That's just dumb. But I had to finish (start) a short paper that was due by 11:30 AM.

I had started it.
Barely.
I had been thinking about it.
And it was only two pages, after all, plus references.

So there was coffee and a good solid breakfast, but by the time I rushed out the door at 10:40, I was super hungry again. And I was racing to a quick stop at the office, followed by a three-hour class which included participation in a for/against debate on redress for historical racial discrimination.

So I grabbed a couple of cookies.

Dropped one in the driveway.

Looked at it.


Ate it.

And now I'm back at the office, have a few details to finish up before the weekend hits, and boy-oh-boy that early morning is really kicking in.

Almonds and beef jerky aren't helping.

It was an early morning yesterday too, because I wanted to know what happened in Minsk.

I don't want to talk about it.

A ceasefire agreement was reached.
It should be implemented Saturday at midnight.
The 50 tanks that rolled into Ukraine from Russia DURING the peace talks
undermined my faith in the outcome a little.

I don't want to talk about it.

And now my head is being held up by one hand as I contemplate those last few details of the day, wondering which ones are absolutely necessary, and which ones can wait until Tuesday.


I'm sure I have some raisins here somewhere.

Happy weekend to ya.