"All words are symbols that represent unspeakable realities. Which is also why words are magical." (Donald Miller tweet)

Thursday, March 19, 2015

neighbours

My neighbour leaves for work early most days. 

This winter, his parking spot in front of our house was overtaken by snow - Mr. Plow decided that was where aaallllll the snow should go on our tiny street - so Mike had to park elsewhere for awhile. 

He and his wife helped me out that night before Christmas when I came home to a break-in that had left our door on the floor. 

We have great neighbours. The best.

And the snow is melting quickly. 

This morning, I heard Mike's truck start up, while I sleepily hit the snooze button. He's back where he belongs. I smiled and mentally wished him a great day as he drove away, then drifted back to dreamland for just a bit longer.

Good morning, all!