"All words are symbols that represent unspeakable realities. Which is also why words are magical." (Donald Miller tweet)

Friday, August 08, 2008

Olympics

(Blissed photos and video from last night to be posted in the next day or two)

I'm venturing into the land of politics here...cautiously...people can get fairly intense in this land....



Are you watcing the Olympics to support Canadian athletes?


Or are you NOT watching the Olympics to protest China's human rights record?



Or are you not really thinking about it one way or t'other?



I'm just interested.



For my part - the other night I flipped by Ron McLean on CBC whose job is to "show us the wonders of the country behind the sporting events" (as it always is in an Olympic year). His voice was very hushed and respectful, as he stood near whatever it was we were seeing.



And I was surprised to hear my mind conclude that I didn't want to watch whatever event the Chinese government had staged to make them look good to the outside world. So I changed the channel.



But I might still watch the sporting events. It's more of a time factor than anything else.



You?