"All words are symbols that represent unspeakable realities. Which is also why words are magical." (Donald Miller tweet)

Monday, September 25, 2006

my world makes me laugh

Today I tricked myself into going for a run (the self-deception is often necessary on a Monday, when I don't feel like doing anything) - and a deer literally ran across my path! I think it was a deer. Truthfully, it looked like a pony, because I thought I saw a mane. And it had short legs. But then it left the mane behind on a bush as it ran away. And how could it be a pony? I know there are deer roaming the area, but I've never heard of wild ponies. So it must have been a short deer. Right? Any other ideas??

There was also a black and orange fuzzy caterpillar which managed to get all the way to the other side of the path by the time I ran back.

And right now, there must be a weird air current going across the balcony, because I can see a solitary leaf swirling around like a hovercraft - not quite touching anything, but swooping and dancing around like it's got its own source of power.

BTW - had a great time last night hashing out some thoughts about the quote in my last post! And for those that were there - you made a great band!