"All words are symbols that represent unspeakable realities. Which is also why words are magical." (Donald Miller tweet)

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

filled with glee


A few weeks ago, someone gave me a "thank you" gift certificate.


For Horton's? Nope.


A restaurant? Nope.


Gas? Nope.


It was for AMAZON!!!!!!!!! (on-line book seller, if you're not familiar with it)


Ohmyohmyohmy.


That is a mighty good gift!


So I went to my ever-lengthening wish list at Amazon.ca, and gleefully placed my order.


My new books arrived this morning.


They are sitting on my desk, taunting me, all shiny and smooth and as yet undiscovered. They are calling to me.


"Come on, Patti. You don't have other, more pressing work to do. Everything on your "to do" list can wait. Just take a peek...everybody's doing it."


Pray that I may withstand temptation, my friends!

P.S. If you care to know, I bought a new release about Aimee Semple McPherson (of course), parts 1 & 2 of "The Sacred Diary of Adrian Plass" (hilarious, British humour, from what I remember), one by G. K. Chesterton (also British, an author I really enjoy, even though I don't quite understand everything he says) and ... "Taken By Communion - How the Lord's Supper Nourishes the Soul". I don't know anything about this last one, but it looked like it might inspire some creativity and a fresh take on Communion.