"All words are symbols that represent unspeakable realities. Which is also why words are magical." (Donald Miller tweet)

Tuesday, October 09, 2007

voting




The election is tomorrow. I'm still undecided. This is not like me. I know who I'm NOT voting for, but I can't decide who I AM voting for.




I don't like voting AGAINST someone. Bugs me. Doesn't seem like the purest form of voting.




I recognize the value of "strategic" voting, but I don't like it. Sometimes I do it, sometimes I don't. Again - bugs me.




I just want to vote the way a vote was meant to be, one vote for who I want, and have that vote matter. That's all I want. IS THAT SO WRONG??




(pause to turn off my whining voice)




When I do decide, I won't tell you for WHOM I've decided, because I don't want to abuse my tremendous influence as a powerful spiritual authority in all of your lives.




(pause for hysterical giggling)




Have you decided? Care to share? Want to rant? Got any thoughts on the referendum? Did you even know there IS a referendum?? Predictions?




You've got 24 hours to speak your mind, and try to influence all the rest of us - ready ... set ... GO!!!