"All words are symbols that represent unspeakable realities. Which is also why words are magical." (Donald Miller tweet)

Thursday, November 01, 2007

i'm a cheapie

ACK, where have I been? I have been insane. But only a little bit, not dangerously so. It's an interesting place to be.

So, I have three things to mention today.

Item the First - Halloween was last night! As you know, I LOVE Halloween!! Who can resist a tiny little cutie in a punkin costume, lisping "twick oh tweet"??!! Not me.

Last year, we had no children at all, except one sent in pity by the family across the street. (Seriously, I heard them say, "Go get something from Jeff and Patti ... Go! ... BECAUSE I SAID SO, that's why!")

So we moved.

And last night ... 75 LITTLE KIDLETS!!!!! It was so fun! Met all the neighbours, one adult was dressed in full costume, and roamed up and down the street giving out candy to all the kids, who knew exactly who he was.

(Jeff with gumball eyeballs.)

Item the Second - Can I just tell you how great you are? How great our church is? I spent the morning today with a group that's not part of Crossfire...and I just have to tell you HOW VERY GREAT YOU ALL ARE!!! It was not my most enjoyable meeting.

And Item the Third. I'm a cheapie! You know that about me. So...you know the countdown videos we use? The Easter videos we did last spring, both on Maundy Thursday and Easter Sunday morning, before we ripped the covers off the windows? You know the poetic type of video I used a few weeks ago for John 1? And all the other video snippets we show from time to time?

They are from a website called http://www.sermonspice.com/. And they will give me a $20 gift certificate to buy some more, if I mention them here. Maybe they will give us more if we talk about them!

So...those are my three items. Feel free to converse about any of them.

What were the best, cutest, funniest costumes you saw last night?

Got any stories about not-enjoyable, not-helpful, not-profitable meetings?

Do you like our hamster countdown? (One of our little cuties here thinks it's his cousin's guinea pig, Gin-walla) What do you think of the video bits we use around here sometimes?