"All words are symbols that represent unspeakable realities. Which is also why words are magical." (Donald Miller tweet)

Thursday, December 13, 2007

it's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

So much snow outside! And it's the second big snowfall of the year! Today, I suddenly realized with a little heart-jump - "Oh my, maybe it'll actually be a white Christmas this year!!!"

If you are a Weather Channel watcher, and you already know the answer, don't tell me. I want to experience the hope.

So I put up a new poll - will Christmas be white?

My Christmas checklist - lights are up outside, most presents are bought, tree is not up, presents are not wrapped. Food is mostly planned, but not prepared. Dates are set for where we go and when, and when others come to our place. And the house is relatively clean. My sense is, it's as clean as it's going to get.