"All words are symbols that represent unspeakable realities. Which is also why words are magical." (Donald Miller tweet)

Friday, December 14, 2007

what's in a purse

Last night, I was driving home from Nooma (you know who you are!), and turned on CFRB for a few moments.

They were talking about women's purses, and how the average woman's purse weighs over 5 pounds. So they had women calling in, telling what was in their purse. In between, they were talking about how women always keep so many useless receipts, and have purses full of who-knows-what....

And I was thinking, "What??!!"

My purse has a wallet, a chequebook, a chapstick and keys. If there's ever more than that, it's the exception to the rule. I do not carry a hairbrush, comb, ancient receipts, cosmetic bag, tweezers, kleenex, a variety of medications, or a bag of sugar in my purse. As opposed to the women who called in during the short time I was listening.

That's right. A bag of sugar.