"All words are symbols that represent unspeakable realities. Which is also why words are magical." (Donald Miller tweet)

Thursday, August 14, 2008

this close

I feel it coming. The cave-in. The reversal of previous statements.

Don't you just hate when you can feel your mind changing, and everyone is going to know that you have flip-flopped?

Fortunately, I have never claimed to have very many unchanging thoughts, so it's not TOO hard on my pride to admit ...

I'm "this close" to joining Facebook.

I'm not sure when the shift happened. Maybe it was while I was reading a really excellent tech & church magazine that listed Facebook as one of the things you just can't do without anymore.

I know that a friend from public school that I wrote letters to in high school and then lost track of, recently contacted me after finding Spike on Facebook. That was pretty cool. I had tried finding her a few years ago, but couldn't. That probably shifted the balance of my opinions.

Then a few days ago, I was talking to one of you who had been right there with me, in being against Facebook, last time I asked. Found out that person caved while I wasn't looking, so they're on there too.

But the knot in my back today is screaming at me to spend LESS time on the computer. My chiropractor will fix that tomorrow, though.

To cave or not to cave? That is today's question. I asked the same question quite some time ago - I wonder if any of you have changed your minds from your previous positions?

(Whoa! Weird coincidence I noticed after publishing this post - if you click on "the same question" in the paragraph above, it will take you to that particular post - which is almost exactly one year ago.)