"All words are symbols that represent unspeakable realities. Which is also why words are magical." (Donald Miller tweet)

Sunday, November 16, 2008

with thanks

You know, I get so frustrated on days like this. I just can't find a way to express my thanks.

We've just finished our Grand Opening weekend, and I find I have so many friends.

Friends I knew of, and already highly value, and then they go even MORE above and beyond, and bam - I'm out of words.

Friends I didn't really know of, and then there they are, showing up at a moment that matters so much to me and bam - I'm out of words again.

Friends that are new, that I have gotten to know over the last few months, that suddenly are more than just people that worked on the project, they are actual friends, and bam - I'm out of words once more.

I try to find the words to express what's inside, and I can't. Which really frustrates a words-oriented person like me. How do I say - your gift of friendship, of time, of support, of encouragement, your gift to me means much, much more than I can find the words to say? How do I say that?

My comfort - I can't find the words, but as I look into some of the faces, struggling to find the words, I find a silent "you're welcome" in the eyes smiling back at me, and in the quick hug in the middle of a crowd.

When you can't find the words - the heart speaks.