"All words are symbols that represent unspeakable realities. Which is also why words are magical." (Donald Miller tweet)

Monday, May 04, 2009

or maybe....

Up early this morning, had to have Spike in a town an hour away for 7:30 AM. Not so early, you might say. Agreed. Except it's my day off. So it's not the getting up that's the issue, it's the getting dressed and driving somewhere.

Ah well.

Bought some seeds on the way home, so all is well!

Here's my Terribly Profound Thought for today. Heard a radio commercial about Quaker State oil being so wonderful, especially for commuters. A random man moans - "I have the worst commute in the world! Fifty miles, and it takes two and a half hours!" And apparently the solution is to use Quaker State oil.

Or ... and I know this is crazy ... maybe you decide that five hours a day getting to and from work is an insane way to spend your life ... ??!!! Aside from the whole environmental thing - really??? You are happy to spend FIVE HOURS A DAY just getting to and from work?

I live 3 km from work. I can walk there if I want. I shudder at the thought of two and a half hour commutes.

But anyway. If you are a commuter, and I have just depressed you, I apologize. But good news! Quaker State oil will save your car (if not your sanity).