"All words are symbols that represent unspeakable realities. Which is also why words are magical." (Donald Miller tweet)

Thursday, March 12, 2009

pet peeves

With thanks and props to Rick, the doodler, who did done doodle this pet peeve.



Off the top of my head, I suppose it's possible that I may have one or two pet peeves.



Such as....


  • Random apostrophes

  • Poor customer service

  • Reality TV

  • Using "literally" in a non-literal way

And once, when Spike and I stopped briefly in a store to look at last season's leather jackets, and the cute salesgirl came over to help Spike (specifically Spike, not me), and then deliberately placed herself in between me and Spike, with her back turned to me, entirely ignoring my existence, and blocking me from the conversation, as she told my husband how nice that jacket would look on him ....


Well, I just about pet-peeved her right into next week.


Let's just say she lost the sale.



Other than that ... I'm a nice, easy-going person. With strong opinions.