"All words are symbols that represent unspeakable realities. Which is also why words are magical." (Donald Miller tweet)

Thursday, May 14, 2009

vacation

I'm on vacation this week. It's the perfect kind of vacation.

Monday and Tuesday, I didn't have to talk at all, really. Spike had to work, so it was just me and myself, reading, cleaning, gardening. I washed the outside of the house. I say that, not because it's particularly impressive, but because it SOUNDS impressive. Aren't you so impressed?

Wednesday, my nephew the Punk came over. He had a few days off school, and was bored, so he offered to help with my gardening. So he hoed and shovelled and clipped and lopped and played in dirt with me.

And then we went for lunch, where birds crept closer and closer, waiting for crumbs to fall.

And then we came back and Peggled.

Prompting his laughing response - "This game is soooo lame .... but it's soooo addictive!"

And now Spike has a few days off with me.

Yup. The perfect spring vacation.