"All words are symbols that represent unspeakable realities. Which is also why words are magical." (Donald Miller tweet)

Thursday, May 21, 2009

it's all good


I can't remember when last I was not tired.

It's not a complaint. It's a combination of allergies; and allergy medication that stops me from sleeping and dries out my eyes, so I feel sleepier; and working a lot at a job I really, truly love; and reading things lately that make me think.

So I'm tired.

But it's all good. Life is good. Contentment is so good.

We live in a little house that I just adore (even with the random toilet), no matter what anyone else might think of it.

My front garden that I worked so hard on last year is coming up beautifully this year, with hardly any effort on my part.

The back yard has room for all kinds of experimental possibilities, and I don't have to consider what the neighbours might think of less-than-successful experiments.

I'm pursuing secret goals ... nope ... not telling.

And I'm married to this great guy, with spiky hair, who brings me flowers, and makes me laugh.

And you know what else? For a person who tends to be a bit of a loner (I think a few vacation days of solitude, with no conversation, are just DELIGHTFUL!) I find lately that I have a lot of friends. Good friends. People that matter a lot to me.

Friends that have been around forever.

Friends that have re-surfaced.

New friends that feel like old friends.

And I'm really grateful for the opportunity to share in their lives, and have them share in mine.

So even though I'm tired ... it's all good.