"All words are symbols that represent unspeakable realities. Which is also why words are magical." (Donald Miller tweet)

Friday, August 28, 2009

can it be?

The basement is painted - Arcadian Blue, if that matters to you. It's actually more purple than blue. Spike says it looks a teensy bit girlie, but I promised to man it up for him with an accent wall or something.

Flooring is laid.

Carpet comes next week.

And I will have my basement back - much, much better than it was before.

---

Lumber has been cut and sanded.

Staining will be done next week. I would have finished it today, but rain threatened all day long so I couldn't take the chance. Plus, I was feeling pretty darn lazy today, and I'm not ashamed of it.

Then Spike and my b-i-l will make our big front porch look new and beautiful.

My Dad has volunteered to paint the green eavestroughs and trim, because ... I don't like them.

And the outside of our house will look soooo much better.

---

Peach Festival this weekend. Followed by several days of canning - peaches, tomatoes, salsa, beets, I presume.

My sister really is in charge of that. She just tells me what to do, and we split the results.

And I will feel proud all winter long, with my home-canned foods.

---

Books have been ordered.

Including something called a "clicker".

I don't know what that is. But it cost close to $50.

And I start back to school, after ... well, let's just say a number of years.

---

Can it be? Have all these things really been accomplished - or are about to be???

Good for us!