"All words are symbols that represent unspeakable realities. Which is also why words are magical." (Donald Miller tweet)

Thursday, October 08, 2009

pure nerd!

You KNOW you will have a moment this weekend when you are bored, and you can't move much because you ate too much turkey and apple pie, and you need to get away from your family for a few moments.



(Not me. I don't need to get away from my family, ever. Nope.)



When That Moment Comes ...



I give you the Nerd? Geek? or Dork? test.



I got it from my Famous Author Cousin, who is a far superior human being to me in almost every way. I've decided I'm OK with that.



Do the test, OK? Then report back, either via the poll or the comments. I want to know who I'm hanging out with here. (Don't be paranoid. I can't trace you. I won't expose you to the world.)



Me? I'm a Nerd. And proud of it.



A Nerd is someone who is passionate about learning/being smart/academia. A Geek is someone who is passionate about some particular area or subject, often an obscure or difficult one. A Dork is someone who has difficulty with common social expectations/interactions. You scored better than half in Nerd, earning you the title of: Pure Nerd. The times, they are a-changing. It used to be that being exceptionally smart led to being unpopular, which would ultimately lead to picking up all of the traits and tendencies associated with the "dork." No-longer. Being smart isn't as socially crippling as it once was, and even more so as you get older: eventually being a Pure Nerd will likely be replaced with the following label: Purely Successful. Congratulations!





74% nerd


26% geek


30% dork



(oh, i forgot to say, the test is on a dating site, so don't sign up at the end, unless you are looking for your soulmate!)