"All words are symbols that represent unspeakable realities. Which is also why words are magical." (Donald Miller tweet)

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

sshhh... i iz makng "to do" planz

I am on vacation.

Thus, there are things that absolutely must be done.

Here is my list, just off the top of my head.

  • Blog

  • Make beef stew (for dinner)

  • Make meatloaf (for freezing)

  • Make carrot-basil soup (for freezing)

  • Make turkey soup (with leftovers, for freezing, in case you didn't get that)

  • Pay bills

  • Fill out insurance paperwork (last task from the Summer of the Flooding Basement)

  • Do a LOT of yardwork

  • Write a small proposal

  • Catch up on academic reading

  • Clean out the fridge (which has a number of interesting science experiments in progress)

  • Renew driver's licence (which almost certainly has expired, but I'm afraid to look)

  • Admire new table and chairs that we scooped off kijiji on the weekend

Or...


I could take a nap.


7 comments:

Sheepdog said...

Upon reading your list I wondered when your vacation actually starts!

Sue H said...

I vote for take a nap.

Meredith said...

mmm.. food.

and science experiments!

ooh, what about take pictures of the new table and chairs for us to ooh and ahh over?

Meredith said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Patti said...

I want to, I really do (take pictures, that is). But my camera is broken. And I can take pictures with my phone, but then I don't know what to do with them.

I was going to grab the pics of kijiji, but the vendor took the ad down immediately. :(

Luanne said...

You call this a vacation?!
I already took a nap for you after reading the list.
But after the nap some of those things on your list could be very theraputic.

vjc said...

I vote nap. Without all the freezing.