"All words are symbols that represent unspeakable realities. Which is also why words are magical." (Donald Miller tweet)

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

studious gardener

Studying. Final exam is on Saturday morning.

But yesterday I did part of my studying outside, and I couldn't help but gaze longingly at my gardens where strawberries are spreading, rhubarb is returning, and chives are ... um ... what can chives do? I welcome your input.

At one point, text book in my left hand, I reached over with my right to "just move a few leaves," and then withdrew it immediately, realizing I would never stop of my own volition.

Contented myself with the promise that on Saturday afternoon, assuming Mother Nature cooperates, I can pull out all the stops and immerse myself once again in the land of dirt and allergies. The land where things just magically grow and change and bloom and live.

Until then ... don't distract me ... I'm studying.