"All words are symbols that represent unspeakable realities. Which is also why words are magical." (Donald Miller tweet)

Monday, July 05, 2010

naked headlines

Do you read the news online?

I do, sometimes. Which means I just scan the headlines and click only on what grabs my attention. My guess is a lot of people do that, although no one admits to it.

"Tsk, tsk, I really thought Patti was more sophisticated than that. She should certainly be making an effort to improve herself and read ALL the news, not just the interesting stuff. How disappointing."

Thank you for your opinion.

The reason I think a lot of people do the same thing, is because I happened to come across this headline in the business news the other day ... "Naked Short Selling Banned By Germany".

Let's pause to consider that for a moment, shall we?

Is it only naked short German people who are banned from sales?
Or are ALL naked short salespeople banned from Germany's borders?
Are naked TALL sales allowed?
What about partially clothed short folk whose maternal grandmother was German, but who are mostly British?
And what about purchases?
Is naked short PURCHASING permitted?
And does this ban apply to car sales?
Assuming that Germans go for test drives, just as Canadians do ... is nudity of any kind allowed?
Because that's a disturbing thought, right there, especially if the purchaser doesn't buy said car.

"Well, I NEVER ... *gasp*"

Mmmmhmmm.

It's all about the headlines, my friends. After all, I'm not the only one who clicks on the headlines that grab my attention. Am I?

No. I thought not.

PS Comment at will, but keep it family-friendly ... there are children in this space! :)