"All words are symbols that represent unspeakable realities. Which is also why words are magical." (Donald Miller tweet)

Monday, August 16, 2010

just breathe

Breathe. This is the profound thing I say to many people. Just ... keep breathing ... you will make it. I've said it so many times, that one person gave me a cross-stitched "breathe" that sits on my window sill at work.

Saturday, as I was cleaning the house for the first time in ... um ... oh, I know ... the first time since my FAC and her family came over, I had this weird sense that I just couldn't put my finger on. What was it? Ah well, no time to figure it out, must clean as fast as possible because then I have to .... Wait. What do I have to do? Nothing. No studying, no reading, no writing of papers, no class to attend, no sermon to write, no crises to work through. All I HAVE to do on this day is ... breathe.

Aaahhhhh.
We went out for breakfast. We cleaned. We went out to run some errands - I spontaneously picked up "Happy King Julien Day" - I NEVER spontaneously buy DVDs. Never. But I did.


We spent the later part of the afternoon and the evening with good friends. Watched "Waking Ned Devine" ... again ... because it's HILARIOUS.

Aaahhhhh.

Breathing is good.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY!! Patti!! Please tell my mom how to just breath! She is working now and doesn't have time to even sit and eat! Lol
YAY again to breathing!!

Rick said...

King Julian is my role model. I love Madagascar 2.

chRistine said...

i have never seen ned devine. i will look for it.

Patti said...

Oh, seriously, it's worth watching. ("Waking Ned Devine," that is.) It's probably the only movie Spike and I have watched together, where we both at the exact same moment had our jaws drop in shock, and then killed ourselves laughing.

Prepare your ears for an Irish accent, and enjoy.

Rick - I watched King Julian while divvying up and freezing a bunch of meat yesterday :)