"All words are symbols that represent unspeakable realities. Which is also why words are magical." (Donald Miller tweet)

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

new neighbours

We have new neighbours moving in sometime this week.

The house beside us has been empty for almost a year, I think. After Oma passed away, there were details to be dealt with, and renovations to be done, and the whole process took longer than anyone expected. For months we've been watching people do slow drive-by's ... once someone stopped on their bike and asked me about the street. I told them the same thing I tell everyone - "Best. Neighbours. Ever."

Hope that holds true with the new ones. I met them already - they seem quite nice, only two of them.

Because you know ... we wouldn't want weird or crazy neighbours. Imagine if a tattooed and pierced hard rock musician or a Pentecostal minister moved in next door!

Oh wait ... that's us.

Never mind.