- Yesterday, one of you tried something new in the service ... a little nervously ... and afterwards you told me, "Ask me again. I'll do it."
- Often, several of you invisibly bring in, set up, distribute and clean up grocery items that really help others of you. And I know for a fact that some of you take some of those grocery items, so you can pass them on to someone else who needs them.
- Last week, one of you tackled me, hugged me, smiled at me, and told me you loved me because "you're so priddy". (To clarify - it was a small child. Adults - please don't do this. It will be weird.)
- One of you has facilitated food to the neighbouring school's breakfast program on a regular basis for months. And you're still doing it.
- Most of you value people over programs, messy over efficiency.
- None of you has ever objected to an idea with the phrase, "We've never done it that way before."
You're an authentic, laughing, gritty, courageous, generous gaggle of humans.
With a due-respect tip of the hat to other faith-based gaggles ... the fact is ... this one suits me just about perfectly.