"All words are symbols that represent unspeakable realities. Which is also why words are magical." (Donald Miller tweet)

Thursday, August 02, 2012

interactions

Yesterday ...


*I began the day with a very shocked and firm "no" to a City guy who had been told to dig up our newly-landscaped front yard. He dug up the street instead, while my head exploded at use of tax dollars. (It's a whole other post, and frankly, I don't know if I have the emotional energy to write it.)

It's not easy to argue with a City guy while still in your jammies, FYI.

*I was strongly and visibly disapproved of by a man on a bike, riding the wrong way, on a one-way street, ON THE SIDEWALK, because I slowly pulled out of the parking lot, and while waiting to safely enter traffic, caused him to pause in his bike ride. On the sidewalk. Going opposite to the one-way traffic.

I want to support cyclists and pedestrians. I really do. But some of them make it awfully hard.

(I know - that goes both ways, doesn't it? Can't we all just get along? Apparently not.)

*I glanced at a few online "discussions" which had quickly became nasty arguments, complete with personal slams.

I don't do online arguments. Also, I don't do weak coffee or tofu of any kind,
in case you were wondering.

*But there was a really interesting conversation in the morning ... and another in the afternoon ... and I made fried zucchini blossoms for dinner. So yesterday was, in fact, a good day.

And today will be another.

How about you? Any interesting interactions yesterday?