"All words are symbols that represent unspeakable realities. Which is also why words are magical." (Donald Miller tweet)

Wednesday, September 04, 2013

stressed and happy

Recently, I was redirected back to TED talks.

I used to watch them from time to time. Then my annoying inner overachiever kicked in, subscribed to them, and filled up my inbox with far more than I could ever process in two and a half lifetimes. At which point, that same annoying inner overachiever shook its head at me in disappointment at my complete failure and incompetence, and walked away.

Stupid AIO.

But the other day one of my friends mentioned TED talks, and I went back to them, after warning my annoying inner overachiever to chill already.

This one came today. I watched it while cleaning off my desk. And you know what? It was kinda cool. It's 13 minutes long, which isn't that long, but let's face it, you don't have 13 minutes to spare. If you do, scroll down and watch it for yourself.

If you don't - I'll give you some quotes from the end. The speaker is Kelly McGonigal, just to give credit where it's due.

Ready?


"When you choose to view your stress response as helpful,
you create the biology of courage."

"When you choose to connect with others under stress,
you can create resilience."

"Chasing meaning is better for your health
than trying to avoid discomfort."







Happy stress to you!