"All words are symbols that represent unspeakable realities. Which is also why words are magical." (Donald Miller tweet)

Tuesday, May 20, 2014

words, words words



Hamlet is my favourite of Shakespeare's plays. Makes me giggle.

I read a couple of books while I was on vacation.

This one just before departing and on the plane ride there...


It was fascinating. The general idea being that about every 500 years or so, Christianity experiences a massive shift. Like - humongous. The good news is - it never fully eradicates what came before. The tough news is - the shift can be painful. But it can be good. And we're about due for a shift again.

And this one between Lviv lattes and on the plane ride home...


It was fascinating. It was published in 2009. So it's history, but very recent history, but then again - not current. I'll be the first to tell you that me and economics are barely acquainted, certainly not close friends. Nevertheless, I underlined and scribbled furiously and gained (I think) a better understanding than I had before of how Ukraine's government works, and what some of the underlying influences are in events happening now.

Next up: a giant textbook. I'm in another course for the summer, and have some catching up to do, having hopped off to Ukraine on vacation right after the first lecture.

I got back into the office super early today,
downloaded 241 emails into my inbox,
and managed to reduce the number to 39.
Felt good about that.
Yay me!