"All words are symbols that represent unspeakable realities. Which is also why words are magical." (Donald Miller tweet)

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

a lovely autumn weekend











Yesterday, we raked leaves. Let's see, I think we did 5 bags of leaves last week, and another 4 bags yesterday. Still more to go, but we had to go buy more bags, and then it was raining, so it has been postponed to another day.








Saturday, we drove on the Red Hill Expressway, just because we hadn't been on it yet. It's quite scenic!! (Most of it.) Then we drove down Niagara way, meandered around for
awhile. On the way back we stopped at the antique store at Prudhomme's Landing.


I bought two books. One was $3. One was $4. I bought them because one was 98 years old, and one was 99 years old.

Imagine! WHO was holding and reading these books, almost a hundred years ago? What was their story? What was their family like? Where did they read? Did they have many books, or just a treasured few?

Oooohhh, I was entirely delighted to hold these books in my hands and daydream about other hands that had held them. (I'm also going to read them, in case you're wondering.)