"All words are symbols that represent unspeakable realities. Which is also why words are magical." (Donald Miller tweet)

Friday, April 25, 2008

vacation weekend

To answer a few questions thus far:


  • Bob - I doubt that all of our vegetation has evil intentions. However, the children in "Lord of the Flies" didn't have evil intentions either. They just went that way without some loving guidance. Which is what my lopper offers to our vegetation - loving guidance.

  • Dougie - We don't have a dog. Just poop. Which doesn't seem quite right. It seems to me that if I'm picking up the poop, I should also have the pup.

No yard work today!


We went here today. It's the only flying warplane museum in Canada, which is pretty impressive. They have a Lancaster there that you can have a ride in for a measly $2,000. Seems like a lot, but since there are apparently only two fly-able Lancasters in total, and this one took 10 years to restore ... maybe it's reasonable.


We also went here for some Lake Erie Perch at Callahan's on the beach.


Today's Injury: Well, it wasn't really an injury, except to our high-class sensibilities. As you may have noticed, it was a bit chilly today. Which doesn't stop a true Port Dover-ite. (Trust me, I know - I grew up just down the road from there.) So as we ate our Lake Erie Perch, gazing out the window at the aforementioned lake, with its accompanying beach, we noticed three Port Dover-ites, sunbathing on the beach. While the rest of us are wearing jackets. Which is fine, except when one of them sat up ... well, let me just mention "ultra-low-rider jeans" and leave it at that.


On our way home, we went here for some ice cream.


Thought about going to a movie, but nothing caught our attention, so we went here instead where I bought this. Edward Rutherfurd writes some great historical fiction, and the book was 20% off - yay for me!


For the rest of the weekend, we have some pressing social engagements with Very Important People. If I don't check in over the next couple of days, don't be alarmed. I'm hobnobbing.


Happy Weekend!