"All words are symbols that represent unspeakable realities. Which is also why words are magical." (Donald Miller tweet)

Wednesday, May 07, 2008

signs of insanity

I'm on the run, but I thought I'd post three possible signs of insanity, just from today.

Sign #1 - There is a new widget on my blog, isn't there? With ratings. I don't know how it got there. I don't know how to get rid of it. I'm not sure I care to open up my crazy ramblings to ratings. But it seems that someone felt I needed a little accountability in my blogging, so there it is. Unless I'm seeing things. In which case, I may be going insane.

Sign #2 - Today's session at the V.I.C. included everlasting discussions regarding the importance of "and" versus "or" in the wording of certain constitutional sentences. Also, a great deal of time was spent going over financial reports. If that doesn't make you want to get yourself sized up for a straitjacket, you have more mental fortitude than I do.

Sign #3 - This sign isn't about MY insanity. It's about Millhouse's. He is exhibiting an all NEW sign of insanity, to add to the numerous, long-term, fully established and confirmed signs of his insanity. But more about that tomorrow. Suffice it to say, I am appearing like a crazy person to anyone looking in the windows, as I lean down to my cat, and say firmly, "MILL!!! STOP IT!!! NO!!! WHAT ARE YOU DOING??? WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU????!!!!" You know, as if he has a clue.


Edit before going to bed: Look at this Blogger announcement that was posted today.

"Some users may be seeing star ratings on their posts without having opted in to this new feature. This is an experimental feature that was accidentally enabled on some users' blogs. We're currently working to remove star ratings on all affected blogs. In the future, you'll be able to choose to opt-in to this feature; it won't appear automatically."

So I am not seeing things. Score one for sanity.