"All words are symbols that represent unspeakable realities. Which is also why words are magical." (Donald Miller tweet)

Thursday, May 08, 2008

water, water everywhere

I thought you might like a visual of Sign #3.

Here is Millhouse, acting normal. He's just wettin' his whistle a bit. In the shower.

In the shower??!!

Oh, you noticed that's odd. Well, here's the thing. Millhouse has a new thing that is several months old, but it's really getting insufferable. He is drinking GALLONS of water. Which is odd, but fine. However, he is also flooding whatever area he can find.

Here's how.

Do you know the tiles in our basement are actually lifting, because he has pawed out SO MUCH WATER when we're not home? He drags his bowl across the floor, soaking everything in sight, including his paws. Then he walks around the house, leaving nasty little pawprints everywhere.

We have tried a number of solutions. So far, they don't work. I firmly taped his bowl to a rubber placement which I firmly taped to the floor. So now he can't drag his bowl anywhere. So he just upped his efforts into scooping out as much water as possible with his paw. Same results, it turns out. I put a smaller amount of water in the bowl. He drank it all, and then wailed incessantly, like I do when I haven't had a coffee yet.

(Which I have not yet today. I'm out of coffee. Didn't see that coming.)

So I shoved a big bowl of water in the shower for the night. I have no idea what to do next.