"All words are symbols that represent unspeakable realities. Which is also why words are magical." (Donald Miller tweet)

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

feet

Hey, have you heard about the new spa treatment that costs - well, not an arm and a leg, but a foot?

You put your feet in a pool of water that is filled with tiny fish, and they nibble the dead skin off your feet.

And you PAY for this!

Gross.

I'm pretty sure the fish would be traumatized if I did that, because I have enormously ticklish feet, and my size 9 feet would be flailing everywhere, like some giant killer monster in their tranquil little pool.

Speaking of feet, my toe still hurts. Thought I'd whine about that a little.

Humility Moment: When I went to my chiropractor and told him I was there for my toe, he looked down at my foot, and said, "Oh yes, that fourth one, eh? It's really swollen or something."

And I said, "Um ... no ... it's the baby toe. My fourth toe always looks like that." (click here if you want to see what he saw)

Oh," he said.

And then we moved on from the fact that my fourth toe is clearly a hideous, misshapen knob, shoved between a perfectly acceptable third toe, and a bruised lump of a baby toe.

And that's my blog post for today.