"All words are symbols that represent unspeakable realities. Which is also why words are magical." (Donald Miller tweet)

Monday, December 15, 2008

in the mood

I knew it would hit sometime.

Yesterday definitely was NOT the day. Yesterday was for watching Extreme Home Makeover (I'm not crying - got some dust in my eye) and Oliver Twist (I'm not crying - it's a dusty house). Yesterday was totally wrong for it. However, with only a few more days of vacation, I was starting to be concerned that it was not going to hit at all.

But as I woke up this morning, I knew it was there. Before I even opened my eyes, I sensed its presence. The Christmas mood.

It's what gives me the motivation and the energy to get ready for Christmas. Our gift-shopping is just about done, and what isn't done shouldn't be difficult. But the baking - nope. Cleaning - nope. Decorating - Spike put up a string of lights outside to placate the neighbours, but inside? Nope.

So, today is the day. As soon as I finish checking emails, reading blogs, reading the newspaper and drinking my second coffee ... I will kick into high gear. Or second gear. I will stand up at least.

Tomorrow is our last available shopping day, so I have to have a final list ready for then, because I am not visiting any stores after tomorrow.

Wednesday is an outa-town Blissed gig, where I will be exercising my exceptional talents of schlepping merch.

Thursday, back to work, ready or not.

So. It has hit. Just in time, too. This is one dusty house.

Gotta go!