"All words are symbols that represent unspeakable realities. Which is also why words are magical." (Donald Miller tweet)

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

answer these questions

One of those "answer these questions and forward to all your friends" things came through my inbox the other day. I ignored it the first 4 or 5 times, but then I had a sense that my college friends - fondly known as The Swine - just because - were going to band together and hunt me down if I didn't return the email.

So I did.

And instead of forwarding it, I decided to pose some of the questions here. Feel free to answer any or all of them. Or you can even pose a question of your own. I might answer it. Maybe.

Are you ready?

OK.

Here we go.

---

Bacon bits or croutons?
(My answer: both, and hold the salad)

What colour is your bedroom carpet?
(My answer: dark hardwood - carpet makes me sneeze)

What do you want to do before you die?
(My answer: hang-glide, and watch my college friends act weird in their old age)

How many tattoos do you have?
(My answer: 3. All on my husband. I see no need for voluntary pain. That is also why I have no kids.)

What is your usual bedtime?
(My answer: 10 PM. Unless I collapse before that. I'm not really a night person.....)

---

I await your answers.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Patti,
Love your tattoo answer! Can't wait 'til we're old!
Love,
One of the SWINE

Patti said...

what?? one of the Swine??? which one??
:0

vjc said...

Both - I'm with you there.

Dust-colored - It came that way and I've quickly learned how well it blends with my housekeeping style.

Tough one - I'll bet I think of it just before I die and think "Oh nuts!"

Pass.

11:24 pm - It's supposed to be 10:30 but then I check email one last time and remember I didn't water the houseplants and chase a spider around my studio and respond to blog polls...you get the picture.

Kelly said...

1 --> both

2 --> light hard wood ... in the room i'm sleeping in now, and at the new house i will be sleeping in, in 12 days

3 --> my profound answer is LIVE ... my simple answer is to travel to australia

4 --> zero ... i'm with you and the whole pain thing ... and the bigger question for me being what will IT look like when I'm 70?

5 --> 10:30ish

Patti said...

Hey everyone - Kelly's getting married in 3 days! And she commented here!

That is one organized bride, my friends.

Sue H said...

Bacon bits or croutons?
I agree with you, both, and hold the salad

What colour is your bedroom carpet?
Mainly blue with a design in the middle

What do you want to do before you die?
Go to see some online friends that have been with me through all the ups and downs.

How many tattoos do you have?
NONE

What is your usual bedtime?
Whenever my body says it is ready for sleep. Usually around 1-2 in the morning.

Kelly said...

ORGANIZED?

i just put both contact lenses in the same eye ... oi ...

i'm living on the calendar of my cell phone and the million reminders that keep ringing at me through the days ...

but i'm grinning from ear to ear ...

:)

a.s. said...

vjc - I never thought of you as the tattoo 'type', but the fact that you passed on that question rather than simply saying 'none' has piqued my curiosity -- makes me think you're hiding something from the extended family.

Anonymous said...

1. neither, just the salad

2. white tile

3. no comment

4. five and wanting more

5. with any luck 9pm but normally around 10 or 11

Meredith said...

Bacon bits or croutons?
-- both, but only crushed-up croutons or soft homemade ones. And sour cream caesar dressing!

What colour is your bedroom carpet?
-- The most nondescript, taupiest taupe ever. Plus whatever of Bucky's hairs have made it on since the last vacuuming.

What do you want to do before you die?
-- teach, publish, preach, procreate, save, retire, give, travel. enough?

How many tattoos do you have?
-- More than 4 and less than 194

What is your usual bedtime?
11:30 - when Becker is over.