"All words are symbols that represent unspeakable realities. Which is also why words are magical." (Donald Miller tweet)

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

we interrupt our regular programming for this moment of joy

I seem to be emotional lately.

(No. I'm not. Pregnant, that is. Why do you automatically go there? Good grief!)

I think it's because life has intense seasons and this is one of them. And it's awfully apparent to me lately that there's a whole lotta pain in the world.

*sigh*

And I truly feel privileged to be allowed to share in painful moments, and maybe even help make them a bit less painful.

But ... oddly ... in intense seasons of life like this ... the pain is not what stirs my emotions so much. Nope. It's the joy.

Spontaneous, surprise moments of joy.

Like this one!



Thanks to my friend batman, who sent it to me.