"All words are symbols that represent unspeakable realities. Which is also why words are magical." (Donald Miller tweet)

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

a birthday night

Last night was the group's 3rd birthday.

There was cake! Chocolate cake, white cake, ice cream, little coconut tarty things. And Doritos too. Which is a perfect combination for a birthday party.

It was an open meeting - anyone could come.

So we came.

We sang.

We prayed.

Some told their stories.

Everyone listened.

"... God gave me my life back ..."

"... no one told me to buzz off ..."

"... I can say anything ..."

"... no one judged me ..."

"... if it wasn't for this group ... for Crossfire ... if it wasn't for God ..."

Applause at the end of each story. "Thanks, --- ".

An evening of hugs, smiles, friendship.

A good night to be part of the Church.