"All words are symbols that represent unspeakable realities. Which is also why words are magical." (Donald Miller tweet)

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Burns Harbor zombies

Have you ever been to Burns Harbor, Indiana?

I have not. I don't know anyone that has. Wait, that may not be true. Let me rephrase. I have not been made aware of any of my acquaintances having been to Burns Harbor, Indiana. They may have gone, and not told me. I don't know why they would do that, but anything's possible.

But this post really isn't about Burns Harbor, Indiana. It's about the Wikipedia description of Burns Harbor, Indiana.


If you scroll down that page a bit, you can read all about the zombie invasion of 1963, as well as the current zombie hunters disguised as paramedics, firemen and security guards.

As my prof said last night, "This is why we don't use Wikipedia as an academic source."

Won't SHE be surprised when she visits Burns Harbor, Indiana and an innocent looking mall cop saves her from a flesh-eating zombie.

10 comments:

Kelly said...

it's a good thing i'm not in the academic world right now ... I would TOTALLY use wikipedia as an academic source.

who knew? ;)

Anonymous said...

Flesh-eating zombies!!! Now that is way cool!

Soozin said...

I just love the way your brain works
you sound just like my 12 year old who is always telling me that I shouldn't use Wiki

Patti said...

*grin*

It's nice of you to say that my "brain works" at all!

Anonymous said...

FYI, Zombies are not JUST in Burns Harbour. They're everywhere, but in cognito.

Wiki who?

vjc said...

Indiana Zombies!? I love it! But know that you have it on good authority from Wikipedia, doesn't it worry you that Spike may be "infected" on those late night cross-state runs? (Or maybe he comes home looking fresher than I expect...)

Patti said...

Spike is laughing, having just read that comment. When he gets home from a tour, "fresh" is not the first word that comes to mind...

Now you've got me worried about zombies and Blissed trips.

Sheepdog said...

Hey, I can't find the zombie reference in the Wiki article about Burns Harbor. How far down the page is it?

Patti said...

Well, look at that - it's gone again! It was there a couple of days ago. It ended with the sentence, "Spread the word, as wiki won't let this stay up long."

What's FREAKY is that I had googled the whole thing, and found ANOTHER website where it was referenced, and the apparent author of the the whole thing had commented on it. I was going to send that link to you, but ... that website is now gone too ...

Big Brother is watching!

Sheepdog said...

The zombie masters don't want us to figure it out. I knew it! I bet they're in cahoots with the alien invaders from outer space!