"All words are symbols that represent unspeakable realities. Which is also why words are magical." (Donald Miller tweet)

Monday, October 04, 2010

#500: heaven

For my 500th post, I was going to share with you my very brilliant and insightful thoughts about heaven.

I woke up from a lovely snooze this afternoon, and thought to myself, "In heaven there will be naps."

And then I looked in the fridge, and pulled some leftover guacamole and chips out, took them BACK to my napping place, and munched away. And I thought to myself, "In heaven there will be naps and guacamole."

I pondered it some more, and added dark chocolate and strong coffee to my list.

And then I realized. Apparently heaven, to me, is about sleeping and eating. Which means I am quite possibly, both lazy and gluttonous. Which in turn suggests that I may not be getting there at all.

*sigh*

That's a shame.

2 comments:

vjc said...

Nonsense - you'll be there. But the reason you'll understand it's heaven is that you can have dark chocolate and guacamole before AND after your nap(s). No guilt! Only strong coffee to wash it down with :)

Anonymous said...

Cinnamon Buns! That is all I need.